Monday, December 6, 2010

I stil cringe at jeggings

I don't think I'm alone in frustration when I say that 1994 called and wants its fashion trends back.

Between the female flannel, stirrup pants, and tapered jeans, I've just about given up on wasting my money on glossy magazines showing me just how untrendy I am for not thinking dominatrix shoes and shoulder pads make for the perfect night on the town.

But in honor of pushing myself out of the small square peg I usually dress inside, I dipped a toe into the crazy world of American Apparel's candy land and attempted the safest trend I could conceivably live with: the long cardigan/leggings combo.

Now I am the first girl to shout from the rooftop that leggings are not pants. (In fact catch me on the street after a solid happy hour and I really do yell it). My roommate convinced me that yes, the red cardigan covered the junk in my larger-than-average trunk, and no, my lady business was not unflatteringly exposed. (A major fashion faux pas in my book). Also complicating my fashion fears was the outfit's use at my church's advent concert, meaning I would be up on stage in front of Jesus himself, and more worrisome, old ladies.

I didn't take a picture for you to judge for yourselves, but I think we can call it a success. Just don't expect a jegging to be in my future. Or any of your futures if I have anything to say about it.

(Also I realize that if I'm going to parade myself around as an aspiring writer I should probably not let my blog go to the weeds. My apologies.)

1 comment:

Erin said...

BAHAHAHAHA. "the junkin the larger-than average trunk" and all the talk about your "lady business" made me miss you terribly. An I may own a pair of black jeggings - bit I think you would think them quite attractive on me... perhaps.

Love you.