Wednesday, December 15, 2010

as if you need another way to waste an evening

In the name of research, I got on Facebook to look through a few pictures of the bacon haircuts over the years, in preparation for tomorrow's salon visit...

3 hours later, I was delving much farther into my psyche than I was prepared for on a sober Wednesday.

Although the self-stalking capabilities offered by Facebook didn't really start for me until the college years, the occasional walk down memory lane offered a glimpse into the Kodak version of my life starting with a 6th grade Fun Friday; it was pretty much downhill from those khaki overalls and pigtails, let me tell you.

Complicating matters is my aversion to carrying a camera with me to major life events, so most of the photos are what other people found interesting/memorable/worth the space on an SD card. meaning lots of me making ridiculous faces to hide the chipmunk cheeks or inability to smile and keep my eyes looking normal. Other noted trends:

-In standing group photos I'm almost always the outside figure. I don't know if this means I'm just a last-minute addition to most pictures or I'm just the last one to get in the game.

-I am significantly taller than the majority of my friends. This could also account for the awkward outside poses, but as a result I always look slouched and body parts are unflatteringly shifted because I'm leaning down or trying to contort in some other way. This gets worse as Weakley's drunk pictures are usually taken from a down-to-up angle.

-I have two hair lengths: short and butch, or long and stringy. I'm trying to rectify this tomorrow, but let's be honest, I've never been the "well why not just try something out of the box" kind of girl. Although I might go brunette...

-My quota for "omg I'm taking my own picture in a public place or maybe with my bff" pictures is well below average. This is I think is a sign of my good judgment. Although I can't say the same for any of my sister's Facebook albums...

2 comments:

alyssa said...

Chipmunk cheeks, inability to smile, abnormal eyes--I don't effing see it or get it. You need to be kind to yourself.

Unknown said...

what do you have to say about my facebook? That I take wonderful pictures? that's what i thought.