Wednesday, March 31, 2010

it's a good thing I hate hospitals

Well, it's official: I don't count as a person in these United States of America. Or at least that was the way I interpreted this government's rude but probably not intentional oversight of my entire apartment building in the 2010 Census. And I love surveys more than ANYONE I know. Customer service, website satisfaction, whether I'm a fall or spring, I love them all.

So, in the interest of making sure Baltimore includes a hospital bed and locker at the nearest community center for me:

1. How many people were living or staying in this house, apartment, or mobile home on April 1, 2010? 2

2. Were there any additional people staying here on April 1, 2010 that you didn't include in question 1? No additional people

3. Is this house, apartment, or mobile home... Rented

4. What is your telephone number? Hmm, not for the fake internet version.

5-10: We're both white and not of Hispanic origin females who don't sometimes live in prison or a nursing home.

And for those of you who missed it, our own Gary Locke discussing the census with Jon Stewart:

The Daily Show With Jon StewartMon - Thurs 11p / 10c
Gary Locke Pt. 1
http://www.thedailyshow.com/
Daily Show Full EpisodesPolitical HumorHealth Care Reform

2 comments:

alyssa said...

My parents haven't received their census form either. My dad is livid. And incredibly suspicious that the government purposely didn't send him a form so that they can fine him thousands of dollars for not turning one in. I tell him to calm down.

alyssa said...

http://www.cnn.com/2010/POLITICS/04/01/census.day/index.html?hpt=C2

An article with FAQ, customer service phone number (e.g. in case you didn't receive a census form), etc.