Monday, March 29, 2010

spring cleaning results

Found: A never-worn top purchased in December, Erin Cooley's Christmas present (sorry, it's on its way to you soon), an overdue parking ticket, 3 stray socks, 8 bus tickets confiscated from a student after he stole them from another student, my left black Bandolio heel, India Arie's "Voyage to India" album.

Cleaned: 4 loads of laundry, my bedroom floor, the short upstairs hallway, the mud off my black flats, splotches of laundry detergent that dripped down the front of the washing machine, three piles in the downstairs entryway, my dishes from last night's dinner, my split ends (thank you new haircut).

Assembled: the black-out curtain on my skylight

Organized: my spring wardrobe, from right to left: blazer, cardigans/other light outerwear, work pants, skirts, work tops, going out/not appropriate for work tops, dresses.

Realizations: 1.) I really do not need to ever go shopping again. 2.) My bedroom looks a lot bigger when you can see the floor. 3.) Clorox disinfecting wipes are the ultimate cleaning tool. 4.) I should listen to India Arie more often. 5.) If I put my clothes away right after I wash them, I eliminate the need to iron (not like I iron anyway, so really just eliminates wrinkles). 6.) I've been using entirely too many parenthetical statements in recent blog posts. Use your words, not your punctuation.

3 comments:

alyssa said...

Good work. After doing some spring cleaning myself, I have come to similar conclusions especially your #1 realization--though that didn't stop me from buying another spring dress last week. Oops.

Erin said...

YAY PRESENTS! :)

Nichole said...

But I like ellipses...don't you? Sorry, couldn't resist!