Tuesday, July 15, 2008

I stole this idea from Sarah

Things I tolerate in life only out of social necessity:

1. the Mango. I do not enjoy eating mangoes fresh, frozen, or as a flavoring. I only occasionally like their smell in lotions and potions. But mango is the "it" flavor right now, in everything from margaritas to sno cones. I just don't enjoy them. I realize that they're good for you and a really pretty color and seemingly a flavor you can't go wrong with if offered to a large group of people. Not for me.

2. drip coffee. I know it sounds high maintenance and spoiled to say I only like certain lattes made with certain coffee from certain places. But it's true. I cannot just walk into a coffee shop and order a vanilla latte and expect to be satisfied. I will drink regular coffee with creamer, but it almost always makes me really nauseous and just leaves a general sense of not feeling good. My wallet definitely wishes this was not the case sometimes.

3. watches. A lot of people cannot function in life if their watch isn't in the exact place on their wrist. I own two watches (one of which currently has a dead battery), and the second was only bought out of necessity for my job last summer. I don't like having something on my wrist all the time, and I inevitably bang it into filing cabinets or injure myself. I just don't find them convenient, or necessary.

4. exclamation points. use your words, not your punctuation.

1 comment:

James Spung said...

Only you could injure yourself by wearing a watch.