Tuesday, September 7, 2010

the baby walks

After only, you know, a month and a half, I finally put the finishing touches on my new room. The rest of the house is still in progress, but significant steps forward (like visible floor in our living room) have been made.

In an unusual morning burst of energy, I not only started laundry (which was put away within my 24 hour goal), but mounted my wall mirror, hung 2 pictures, and shanghaied the broken DVD shelf using a leftover screw. This involved a hammer, mounting brackets, 6 nails, 5 screws, and at least 3 do-overs to adjust for straightness.

I made a joke that I deserved some male body parts after all that handiwork, but my new roommate gave me the awkward laugh. Like I said, work in progress.

2 comments:

alyssa said...

Excellent work, Bacon. I also especially enjoyed the use of the word 'shanghaied'.

nancy said...

You're an adult!