Saturday, February 6, 2010

theory of relativity. and bad karma.

As some of you probably have heard, it's "snowmageddon" in this neck of the woods (Obama's words, not mine). As our property manager said they're not going to even attempt to start clearing our parking situation until Sunday afternoon at the earliest, I'm not going anywhere for quite some time.

Current snowfall: approx. 26.3 inches, as of 11:45 a.m.

I'm having to learn to be patient with these Mid-Atlantic pansies. After last January's record snow in Spokane, the fact that I can still see out my windows is considered a victory. At first, I scoffed. "2 feet? Back in my day, I had to dig my HOUSE out of the snow, not just my car."

So far, I still have power, plenty of food, and 1 and a half seasons of "Will and Grace" left to keep me occupied before I decide to do work. Really the only productive things I've done are shower and make some tacos for lunch, but at some point I'll go just bat crazy enough to get out the gradebook.

I might try to trudge outside tomorrow and take some pictures, to do some side-by-side comparisons of the ones I have from last January. Stay tuned.

No comments: