Sunday, November 4, 2007

I'm back in the game

So as the woman formally known as the blog police, I should have arrested myself with no chance of bail. I apologize to those of you who are still with me, especially *cough cough* those of who overseas. For the past month I have pretty much isolated myself, with the exception of working on the Whitworthian, homework, or my relationship. Don't get me wrong, all three are fantastic and I love every minute (except when I find a name misspelled at 4 a.m.)

But I'm realizing that social networks are not just for show. They aren't just friends on the fringe who I happen to have things in common with. They're my lifelines. No one but Alyssa and Andrew can truly understand the frustrations of working on a newspaper. No one but Sarah gets it when I just need someone to look me in the eye and tell me to get over it. I need you, all. I need you to be a part of my life. And to do that, I have to make my life available.

I know we're all getting to the point where it's easier to just say "see you at Christmas." But at least this way, we can stay connected about the little things. And who knows, maybe the big things will make their way to the drawing table as well.

My goal is to post at least every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, starting this week. Even if it's a short "here's my thoughts about cottage cheese," I'll try to stay consistent. Just hang in there, we'll get back on track.

3 comments:

alyssa said...

welcome back.

Andrew said...

i tried to buy cream for my squash au gratin but it turned out to be cottage cheese (but French--probably more expensive). I'll cook some up over Christmas.

Weakley said...

this is the part of the show when you tell me a little snippet of information about d.c. because it would be great to know. and, maybe next semester i'll have a blog or something.
tell the people who work at the newspaper to have a drink. for me.