Wednesday, November 7, 2007

dreaming away the early morning

When I was younger, my nightmares would usually occur in the middle of the night, so even once I woke up I was still stuck in a dark room by myself. But as I've gotten older, my dreams have tended to congregate right around the time before I wake up for good in the morning. I think most of this is due to the fact that it takes me approximately an hour and 3-4 alarms to get out of bed these days.

So now, instead of waking up, petrified, in the dark, I wake up groggy and confused as to my location or even state of citizenship in some cases. This morning's adventure dealt with a fascist regime coming in and taking overWhitworth. It ended with James, Katie and I bolting out of the meeting where we were about to be forced into taping statements of loyalty to the university. I should really just start getting up to my first alarm.

No comments: