Wednesday, April 27, 2011

after 3/4 a container of hummus and a diet coke...

I feel content about...
My current accessories collection. After a life of neglecting them, I've accumulated a quite well rounded selection of necklaces, belts, and rings (although most people here would say the ring situation is out of control). Stacey and Clinton would be so proud.

I feel frustrated by...
Birthers. As I watch Anderson Cooper yet again basically call them all liars and frauds, I can't help but think we have much bigger fish to fry than what year a typewriter could have potentially been created that might prove the type in one box of the certificate of live birth is forged. Move on, people.

I feel ambivalent about...
The royal wedding. I don't really follow celebrity weddings in the first place, let alone one British celebrity to one normal person in a ceremony that will be at the ass crack of dawn. Again, move on people.

I feel liberated by...
Skirt weather. My calves are tired of being secluded from all daylight.

I feel unsure about...
The economy. Luckily Baltimore isn't a school district that (as of now) is laying off a large quantity of teachers, but as I look at the federal government basically scrambling for loose change in the couch and China sitting in its high-backed leather chair at a mahogany desk with a shifty sneer on its face, I can't help but wonder if I should be stockpiling bottled water and Spam in our sketchy basement.

No comments: