Saturday, June 19, 2010

I prefer fugi, sometimes a good gala

I've officially become a cool kid:

I own a mac.

Actually, it's more of a homecoming than it is braving a new frontier. My very first computer experience was with a Mac. Granted it had a green screen and took floppy discs, but I still count it. I played what seemed like hours of Midnight Rescue during free time in my 1st grade Montessori classroom. ADDICTED to that game. I was especially skillful at finding the hidden clues near the ATM.

A few years later when my parents invested in our first home computer (which I'm stoked to have as a story for my grandchildren to be able to say "I remember when we first got a computer," the color TV of our generation), I begged them to get a Mac. Mainly because I didn't think Midnight Rescue or Oregon Trail would run on anything else, and I just couldn't live with a computer that didn't afford me resources for my budding gaming addiction. Luckily my parents ignored me and went the PC route, and I've been a Windows girl ever since.

So my second order of task with my new macbook? That's right, download Midnight Rescue and let the games begin.

4 comments:

Erin said...

I'm so proud! you truely are cool kid :)

I only say that because I like to think of myself as a cool kid. Maybe you should get a cool colored case for your macbook. If I didn't have $15 left for the month I'd get you one for your birthday :) blame JVC

alyssa said...

fuji?

joy said...

types of apples. I was trying to be clever and, as usual, failed.

alyssa said...

oh, no. I got the reference to apples, joy. And it's a good one. I was just bringing your attention to the spelling error.