Tuesday, March 11, 2008

mother nature: a history

Today, I am defiant. This defiance comes in a string of attempts to coax mother nature out of her darkness and to usher spring into the air. My first attempt at this grand task came two weeks ago when I wore flip-flops to church, rather than the usual closed-toe shoes and thick winter socks. I was doing fine, until it started getting a lot colder and I eventually had to change because I could no longer feel 4 of my 10 toes. It then snowed again the next morning. Clearly, mother nature was ready for a fight.

The next attempt came last Wednesday, when I donned a striped spring skirt and white top, my quintessential spring look. But alas, I was defeated again because I had left my jacket at my grandma's house that evening, so when I got out of the car around 10:30 p.m. that night I literally could not stop shaking. 0-2.

My third and certainly not last battleground is being staged as we speak. The ensemble consists of a denim pencil skirt, t-shirt and cute flats. The day started out gloriously; not a cloud in the sky or a worry on my mind. Within the next three hours, the wind has kicked up to almost 20 mph and the clouds are rolling in faster than a fat lady to the McDonalds drive-thru. But I will stand victorious, no matter how many limbs have to be lost to frostbite or how many fists I have to shake in the air. Spring is coming, dammit. Mother nature's got nothing else to fight with. (Except maybe a hailstorm or unexpected cold front...)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Câmera Digital, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://camera-fotografica-digital.blogspot.com. A hug.