Monday, March 10, 2008

(it's actually Sunday)

I usually write these as I sit and wait for edits at the paper, so it's late/early Sunday. I hate that the next day starts at midnight. Let's think about this. If "midnight," or halfway through the night, is the dividing line between today and tomorrow, that means that each day only gets half of a night, because the rest is technically morning. And we say "I was up till 3 in the morning," but in order for that to be factually correct one would have to say "I was awake until midnight and then continued for the first three hours of the next day." And I don't know about you, but 3 a.m. feels a whole lot like night to me.

1 comment:

alyssa said...

What I hate is that Daylight Savings time stole an hour from me today that I won't get back until fall.